Importing cars into Timor Leste East Timor by Jim Autos Thailand, Australia, United Kingdom, Singapore, Japan, Dubai UAE
By Jack Kates
Maximum age of used motor vehicles allowed into the country
It is prohibited to import light passenger and mixed vehicles more than 5 years from the date of their original manufacture to the date of import, with the following exceptions:
- Vehicles imported by returning residents who have lived outside of Timor-Leste for a continuous period of more than 12 months, as long as the vehicle was purchased, registered and owned abroad by the person importing it for at least 12 months before being imported into Timor-Leste
- Heavy passenger vehicles with over twenty seats
- Heavy cargo vehicles, including vans and lorries with cargo capacity over four tons, agricultural vehicles, construction vehicles and material-handling vehicles
- Motor vehicles imported under international agreements
- Motor vehicles imported for personal use identified as collectibles or
- Motor vehicles determined by the Directorate-General of Revenue and Customs as having public utility and donated to registered charities, in order to provide assistance to the community.
Duty payable when importing a motor vehicle
Continue reading “Car Import Regulations East Timor Leste”
East Timor cars for sale, East Timor 4WD pick-up for sale, East Timor SUV for sale at Thailand, Australia, UK and Dubai top new used car dealer and exporter
By Jack Kates
Information about East Timor
East Timor is within Timor, an island roughly the size of the Netherlands (32,000 sq km/12,355 sq mi) that forms an arc between Asia and Australia and is situated within the Nusatengarra Archipelago. Opposite the well-traveled island of Bali, East Timor is surrounded by the Indian Ocean at the south at the Pacific Ocean at the north. Its size rivals New Jersey or Israel, and its 15,007-km (9,325-mi) territory extends beyond its mainland to include the enclave of Ocussi-Ambeno in West Timor, and the islands of Atauro in the north and Jaco in the east. Dili, a small port city on the northern coast, is the capital.
People of East Timor like their cars
Folks in East Timor like their cars, 4WD pick-up trucks, 4WD SUVs. They want them to be of highest quality but are always on the look out for East Timor Cars For Sale and East Timor 4WD Pick-up trucks for sale and East Timor SUV for sale. Most buyers will buy in the local market as they can touch and feel the vehicle and have it right away if they like a particular car or pickup. Many dealers in East Timor offer cars, luxury cars, pick-up truck or SUVs on sale so there is always a car to be found in a person’s budget.
Continue reading “Cars For Sale Timor Leste East Timor”